I’ve begun planning for February, and that of course includes Valentine’s Day. I want to celebrate my friendships next month as an extension of celebrating Valentine’s Day. Perhaps you might as well. I’ve got a few ideas for how to do that, as well as some ideas for celebrating “Single’s Awareness Day” in a way that doesn’t feel quite so… alone.
- Send your favorite handwritten recipes back and forth. Hobby Lobby has some really cute recipe cards (love these farmer’s market ones!) and recipe binders right now.
- Gift a subscription box. Cratejoy has something for almost everyone. My favorites: Joyful Devotion (book club), Quilt Crates, Tea Box Express, and Felicia’s Attic.
- Send a Greetabl gift box/card. These are sooo cute and super affordable!
- Send periodic “thinking of you” cards (or encouragement cards if she is having a rough week.) This is hands down one of my favorites that my best friend is perfectly awesome at!
- Watch a favorite show together and if you are long-distance friends, text back and forth (or just talk on the phone.) Or if you can’t watch it together, watch it in the same week, and pick a time to talk about it.
And what to do about Valentine’s Day if you are single, or have single friends you want to celebrate?
- Send flowers/Give flowers. Most girls love them and want them. And these arrangements from Farmgirl Flowers are unique, gorgeous, and so worth sending at least once a year.
- A sweet card or video celebrating your friendship.
- And of course chocolates. Or an arrangement of chocolate dipped fruits. Or a cupcake bouquet. Etc. You can, of course, DIY all of these ideas as well. Visit my Valentine’s Day board for more ideas.
- Or use these apps to send gift cards, a night at the opera, cupcakes, you name it!
- Single yourself? Celebrate the night together with your favorite foods, games, movies, etc. I’ve pinned some fun party ideas on my Valentine’s board for you.